Support Services Assistant
The Support Services Assistant provides support to the Operations, Analysis and Sales Teams. They hold a key role in ensuring the smooth running of all departments by providing support in administration, process and information management.
- Management of recruitment applications and all associated company-applicant correspondence
- Responsibility for creation and issuance of all new employee documentation
- Preparation of new employee starter packs (including stock control of materials)
- Co-ordination, booking and communication of staff induction sessions
Employee Information Management
- Maintenance and control of all employee records (including personal details, certifications and qualifications)
- Co-ordination of the company-wide employee evaluation and appraisal schedule and process, ensuring compliance to key events
- Management of the professional accreditation and certification of all staff, prompting employee certification in line with their experience
- Work hand-in-hand with Training Manager to co-ordinate internal training sessions and creation of materials where required
General Diary Support and Co-ordination
- Provide a supporting role to the ongoing diary and scheduling management of our Senior Operations, Analysis and Sales Teams (booking meetings, venues, etc.)
- Provide administrative support to a future Board of Advisors
- Playing a key role in organising company events
Travel and Accommodation Management
- Build an expertise in travel and hotel booking
- Managing corporate relationships
- Ensuring efficacy in booking across the company
- Reviewing company-wide compliance to company travel and accommodation standard operating procedures in line with agreed rules and regulations
Departmental Management Information Quality and Compliance
- Maintain all Operations, Analysis and Sales departmental management information through our proprietary company ‘single point of access’ system
- Managing, quality assuring, updating and ensuring compliance to our company databases and reporting processes (both staff and project)
- Provide internal and external assurance on governance
Company proprietary materials and documentation
- Manage and retain ownership of the full range of internal standard documentation (including, but not limited to, analysis tools and templates, project management resources and administrative documents)
- Maintain overall consistency in company formatting/branding and clear version control across all documentation
- Ensure an impeccable quality control over client facing materials and documentation, including all project resources, presentation materials and sales and marketing documents
- Generation and distribution of electronic analysis ‘packs’ in advance of new analysis openings (including pre-configured suites of study tools, information documents and case studies)
- Ensure the ongoing integrity, completeness and accuracy of our company information databases
- Populate databases with analysis and project information received from the field, ensuring all ‘field learning’ is stored and easily accessible
- Generate ‘benchmarking tables’ to effectively store client statistics, and make this accessible to field operatives for reference purposes in their daily assignments
- Create and maintain an effective cloud-based ‘Company Knowledge Bank’ and catalogue all useful information accordingly in line with our company ‘hive mind’ ideology
- Set up and maintain systems for gathering of sector news, articles, reports, etc. and implement an effective method of circulation/communication
- Assist Senior Management in maintaining our company website content and social media platform as and when required
- Playing a key role in the company’s public image through its presentation and demonstration of social responsibility
- Using a range of office software, including email, spreadsheets and databases.
- Managing filing systems (physical & electronic)
- Compiling information, writing reports for senior management and feeding into meetings as and when required
- Responding to telephone enquiries and redirecting calls as necessary
- Reviewing and assisting with updating of policies (health and safety, equality, data governance, etc.) and ensuring they are observed
- Ensure company is benefitting to maximum effect from all relevant professional and trade body memberships and affiliations
- Assisting Finance Department with running of monthly payroll
- To be successful in the role candidates will need:
- Strength of Convictions;
- Ability to liaise well with others;
- Ability to work on their own initiative;
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing workloads;
- Attention to detail;
- Problem-solving skills and project management ability;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Good IT skills, including knowledge of a range of software packages;
- The capacity to prioritise tasks and work under pressure;
- Some knowledge and understanding of health services and local authorities.
The salary for this position is £25,500 per annum. A workplace pension scheme is also applicable to the role.
This is a full-time post equating to 39.5 hours per week. Timings will generally be normal working hours but are flexible/negotiable.
Could you provide hands on consultancy to the health sector?
We are looking for people ready to take the next step in their careers. Our people have the necessary skill and experience to help us deliver transformational change programmes to our clients, resulting in increased efficiencies, increased productivity and recurrent savings. Meridian people are able to analyse and identify opportunities and then describe, design and sell programmes of work to deliver those opportunities to our clients.
Our primary focus is on the implementation of these programmes; our people roll up their sleeves and get involved on the ground, helping our clients deliver projects that result in real improvements for everyone concerned. We have been doing this for 21 years and demand excellence from all of our people, this level of expectation helps us to deliver for our clients and make us one of the most trusted names within the healthcare sector.
We pride ourselves on training and development and expect anyone entering our business to have the skills to progress to a management position within 18 months. We expect a lot from our people and provide support, engagement and mentorship from our Senior Team from the first day on the ground.
- Have 2 years' experience in supervisory, management or consulting roles
- Can demonstrate some knowledge and understanding of the NHS
- Have experience of communicating with all levels within an organisation
- Be able to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
- Can demonstrate a logical and analytical approach to problem solving
- Can deliver results, consistently
- Understand the need to work to tight timescales adhering to tried and tested processes
- Work well in a diverse team to bring out the best results
- Be educated to degree-equivalent level
- Be highly numerate with advanced Excel skills
- Have a full UK driving licence
You'll be working across the UK and Ireland, so flexibility to travel is a must.
- You will most likely be working away from home Monday – Friday
- Help improve the NHS and private sector Healthcare providers
- Travel nationally
- We provide lots of training to all our employees
- We invest in our people
- Regimented evaluation process offering fast-track development of all staff
- We expect our entry-level staff to reach Project Manager status within 18 months
- Opportunity for accelerated promotion in months, not years
- Rapidly growing business
- Great remuneration package, depending on experience
- Candidates must be eligible to work and reside in the UK.
- All work will be based at our client sites - project teams stay at a local hotel midweek, returning home at weekends.
As Europe’s leading provider of healthcare productivity solutions, Meridian Productivity Ltd. is looking for an exceptional and dynamic individual to join our sales office in Edinburgh, to identify and promote opportunities to senior prospects within the UK marketplace.
At Meridian Productivity Ltd. we have been implementing productivity improvements in the UK and Irish health and care sectors for over 20 years. Our client list includes over 400 health and care organisations. Our aim is to improve the quality of patient care and the working environment of clinical, medical and non-medical staff by ensuring they have clear objectives and responsibilities and improved management controls. We enjoy what we do and we are very proud of the results that our clients achieve. Our ethos is that the work we undertake returns money to the health and care service to sustain and improve services as opposed to adding additional cost.
The candidate will be responsible for making calls to generate business from both new prospects and existing clients.
There will also be an excellent performance-related bonus and incentive scheme in place in this role, where hitting targets and converting calls into meetings with potential clients will be rewarded.
Duties involved in this role will include:
- Calling potential clients to generate interest in the company's services
- Calling existing or lapsed clients and continuing to build on existing relationships
- Overcoming objections from gatekeepers and identifying decision makers
Essential criteria that you must meet for this role:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal English
- Previous telephone sales experience in a B2B environment.
- You will have a positive outlook and relish difficult challenges
- The ability to work at a fast pace in a target driven environment
- You will be able to quickly absorb our business model and industry knowledge
Preferred criteria for this role:
- A good understanding of IT, including a good grasp of MS Office and Outlook. A knowledge of CRM Salesforce beneficial but not essential
Monday - Friday, 8.30am – 5.30pm
The basic rate is £12 per hour (~£25k pa) plus a generous bonus package (OTE £31k+)